Monday 16 September 2013

CrossFit

Today I tried out my second crossfit class ever. Crossfit is a high intensity constantly varied functional strength and conditioning programme. In other words its a wakeup call to your body no matter what work out you are doing. Today's workout was called 'Annie' . I had to do skipping and sit ups a number of times (50-40-30-20-10) as fast as I could. It took me 8.15 minutes and I was pretty tired after wards but left with a feeling of accomplishment.

This is how crossfit makes you feel and it is something I have learned to love.

I will be joining a crossfit gym soon called 'cape crossfit' and it is where my boyfriend mike sullivan works as a coach. He is the person who inspired me to be more fit and pushed me to try crossfit. At the beginning I thought that he was a crazy person because he was so obssessed with gyming and I could think of a dozen better things to rather do. When I tried it for the first time and watched him coach a few classes or do competitions I realised this is not just going to gym, it is fun and challenging. It also makes you push yourself to the limit and do things you never thought your body was capable of.

I go to 4-5 mornings a week and it is horrible getting out of my warm bed knowing i have to go run on the treadmill or work my ass off on the eliptical machine. I dont enjoy gym, I find it boring. I work hard and it does pay off but I will never be fully satisfied or ever be excited to go work out.

When I get the chance to do Crossfit I feel excited to challange myself and test my body. I feel stronger after every work out and in my opinion if you want to be fit and healthy, its only 100% healthy if you have love for what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment